Over 50 years of leading automotive technology
Kongsberg Automotive has its origins in Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk, a defence and weaponry company, which began producing brakes and driveshafts for Volvo in the late 1950's. Since then Kongsberg Automotive has developed from a Scandinavian automotive parts supplier to become a global leader in one of the most competitive and complex industries in the world.
- Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk (KV) starts production of brakes for Volvo trucks
- Production of drive shafts for Volvo
- Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk splits in divisions and the automotive division is established
- The factory in Rollag, Norway, starts production
- The factory in Hvittingfoss, Norway, starts production
- Kongsberg Automotive buys Tønsberg Presstøperi, Norway
- Olav Volldal named Director of the Automotive Division
- Employees buy the Automotive Division from Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk and Kongsberg Automotive is established
- Swedish investment company Convectus buys Kongsberg Automotive, but is itself acquired by Finnveden
- Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikker and Den norske Bank buy Kongsberg Automotive
- Kongsberg Automotive is listed on the Oslo stock exchange
- Kongsberg Automotive buys Swedish group Scandmec, which also has production in England and USA
- Kongsberg Automotive buys the Swedish company Euro Autotec
- Kongsberg Automotive established production in Brazil
- Industri Kapital buys Kongsberg Automotive and delists Kongsberg Automotivefrom the Oslo Stock Exchange.
- Kongsberg Automotive establishes production of seat heating in Reynosa, Mexico
- Kongsberg Automotive establishes technology center for gearshifts in Livona, Michigan, USA
- Production is established in Poland
- Kongsberg Automotive buys Jung Ang, the leading producer of clutch servos in Korea
- UK production facility is closed down and transferred to Poland
- Kongsberg Automotive buys UK group Ctex Seat Comfort Holding Ltd.
- Kongsberg Automotive buys Raufoss United AS, Norway
- Kongsberg Automotive establishes production in China
- Kongsberg Automotive buys US company Milan Seating Systems
- Kongsberg Automotivebuys Teleflex GMS, USA (Global Motion Systems)
- To address growth in the electronic content, Kongsberg Automotives's Electronic Center of Excellence was established in Grand Mere, Canada.
- Kongsberg Automotive takes step to even business portfolio balance between passenger cars and commercial vehicles
- A global leader in one of the most competitive industries in the world