Engine Vacuum & Breathers
Kongsberg Automotive produces vacuum harnesses to transfer vacuum from engine to auxiliary engine components, such as turbo waste gate and valves (EGR).
Stringent emissions and fuel reduction legislation are the driving force behind engine downsizing and additional engine controls.
Kongsberg Automotive provides world class CAD service, material- and product know-how to optimize the integration of these lines on the engine.
Advanced thermoforming technology and use of light weight and high temperature resistance materials contributes to the reduction of the CO2 footprint.
Features & Benefits
- Small radii formed bends increase accurate installation on engine
- Special grade materials with high running temperature resistance up to 170 C or even higher
- High impact strengths
- Excellent vacuum collapse resistance
- NVH damping
- Industry standard connection technology to provide reliable seal
- Various release and securing features to meet dedicated requirements
- High performing mechanical or electronic controlled non return valves
- Integration of solenoid valves and sensors
- Optional to provides extra safety
Sleeves and grommets
- Further increase of abrasion resistance in case very tight clearance
- Reduces noise and vibration