AMT External Actuator
The ExAct ™ pneumatic clutch actuator is developed for use in AMT applications as well as for Clutch By Wire (CBW) solutions. The pneumatic valves and electronic controller are integrated in the unit, which makes it a general “plug and play” solution.
The ExAct ™ has very low response time with a high accuracy, which is vital in modern AMT and CBW systems. The functionality and design is also made for easy lifetime integration in the vehicle.
Features & Benefits
- An impressive performance enabled through favourable cylinder design combined with an advanced integrated controller as well as fast response and high-flow valves
- Communication with the integrated ECU via CAN or PWM-input
- Tilt sensing accelerometer is integrated in the ECU
- The ExAct ™can be adapted to all clutch characteristics
- The mechanical interface to the clutch housing is the same as for a manual clutch servo or slave cylinder
- A self-adjustment mechanism compensates for tolerances in the clutch mechanism and for clutch wear over the clutch life
- The unit is designed for 6 million actuations, giving a maintenance free "actuator for life"
- Compact and light unit, which combined with absence of hydraulic fluid, makes it easy to handle in production, and contributes to general weight reduction