Kongsberg Automotive has delivered Servoshift systems for cable-, mechanical- and hydraulic operation since 1998, where the main customers have been various bus manufacturers and Daimler Truck. Our Servoshift systems now are developed for a wide variety of truck- and bus applications, and the advantages are well demonstrated in combination with the gearshifters and cables in our portfolio.
The In-line Servoshift is optimized for cable interface. It enables reduced shift-forces on existing gearboxes without the need for general re-design of the gearbox shift mechanism. Further details:
- Optimized for cable gear shift by it's direct cable interface
- Easy vehicle assembly due to the integrated combined cable quick connection / quick adjustment, which simplifies adjustment of gear lever position on the production line
- Adaptable to any gearbox due to the interfaces that fits both one-lever and two-lever gearbox solutions
- Also available for rod-applications
- Can handle a wide range of gearbox synchronization forces and customer shift force requirements by configuring the servo parameters and characteristics in co-operation with the OEM
The above listed elements are achieved by a favourable modularized design that enables different functionality by combining different available standard components.
The gearbox-integrated Servoshift is developed for optimum space- and cost efficiency in high volume applications and for high-end functionality. This is achieved by close integration with the gearbox, where the select mechanism for two-lever interface also can be included. Clear interfaces and easy assembly are maintained, and is further improved by the introduction of a snap-in select mechanism. Further details:
- Customer optimized robust design by integration with gearbox shift tower
- Easy customer gearbox assembly with snap-in select mechanism
- Minimized friction in select direction with ball bearing select spline
- Integrated shift counterweight for shift feeling optimization
- Two-lever input for cable interface and attachment for various ball sockets
- Tunable shift performance (valve characteristics, counterweight, damping etc.)
- Optional with digressive shift force protection to avoid gearbox synchronizer overload
The Gearbox-integrated Servoshift is based on the same valve technology as the In-line Servoshift. The elements as listed above are therefore in addition to the same high basic functionality and configurability. The choice of application is by that mostly dependent on the gearbox standardization and volumes.