A part of Interior
Norte 5 Poniente 2
Phone: +1 956 546 9144
At a glance
> Matamoros is a part of the business area Interior
> Over 1100 people working here
> Opened in 1990, a part of Kongsberg Automotive from 2007
> Matamoros specializes in light duty cables
Matamoros was established in 1990 with one cable line. From 1990 to 2008 many more lines were added. These lines where either new or transferred from our sister plant in Willis, TX USA. In 2009 we added Plastic Injection Molding (50 presses) and in 2011 we started making products for the small engines division. The product range includes light duty cables for the automotive business such as doors, seats, windows, hood and boot. For the small engines we produce cables to lawnmovers, weed eaters, snowblowers etc.
- Design and build any Light Duty Cable for any application.
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
In 2008 the plant was certified as ISO TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
The plant covers an area of 155 000 sq. ft. and the distribution center in Brownsville (US) holds 21 000 sq. ft. Toghether Matamoros and Brownsville employ 1100 people.
- From Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport to Matamoros approx. 25 minutes driving.
- From Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport to Brownsville approx. 10 minutes driving.