Part of Driver Control
Hösler Str. 40
Phone: +49 20 56 9130
At a glance
> Heiligenhaus is a part of the business area Driver Control
> 75 people employed at the facility
> Opened in 1955, and part of Kongsberg Automotives from 2007
> Heiligenhaus specializes in cables and shifters
The plants history started in 1952 where Ernst Woelm got the license to manufacture by Teleflex-Products Ltd. He established the company Helm Teleflex (Hespe & Woelm) at Stadtallendorf. In 1955 the whole production where moved to Heiligenhaus where it is at today.
A great anecdote is that Apollo 11 used a emergency oxygen system for the moon mission in 1969, made at this plant.
Heiligenhaus became a part of Kongsberg Automotive in 2007 through the aqusition of GMS.
The plant covers an area of 6400 square meters where of 4000 square meters are production space and employs 75 people. The main products manufactured at the plant are cables and shifters to customers such as Daimler, MAN, Volvo and Iveco. Annual turnover is roughly EUR 12 million.
Heiligenhaus is located 20km from Duesseldorf airport and 20 minutes from the highway.