“Right from me, first time.” Kongsberg Automotive’s goal is to be the business partner of choice for our customers by providing exceptional product quality and services.
Our commitment to quality is based on our core values and ensured through our quality policy which outlines continuous improvement of knowledge about customers, partners, products and processes. We are committed to use fair trade principles and act ethically with honesty and integrity.
Quality of our workforce
The “heart” of our company are our people. Kongsberg Automotive is committed to effectively develop all employees’ talents and competence and benefits from the diversity of its workforce. Therefore our focus is on diversity in recruitment processes and management development programs. The company also recognizes the impact on the individual quality of people is based on good balance between work and private life as this becomes increasingly important.
Quality of our purchased parts and materials
As we aim for the best quality of our products and services, everything starts with our suppliers and purchased parts. Therefore quality assurance begins even before the sourcing of our parts and materials. We have anchored a robust process where we assess our suppliers according to quality and environmental system, as well ethical and social requirements.
The foundations are standards like Kongsberg Automotives Code of Conduct, ISOTS 16949, ISO14001, IMDS, ROHS, Reach and further international standards. We use quality assurance planning methods (APQP) to ensure the quality of purchased parts during the projects and monitor the QCD performance for series deliveries. Dedicated supplier development programs enable us to continuously improve our supplier base.
Quality in our products & services
To reach the needs and expectations of our customers Kongsberg Automotive performs projects according best practices in project management. The Knowledge Based Development process (KBD) guarantees all necessary steps and items are covered and proactively monitored. Principles and tools like robust learning, design for SixSigma, simulation and internal quality assurance planning (APQP) allows us to gain the relevant knowledge to successfully launch new products to our customers.
We focus equally on product safety requirements like ISO 26262 as on other customer specific quality standards like VDA, PPAP, MSA and more.
Quality in our manufacturing processes
Kongsberg Automotive continuously improves and standardize its manufacturing processes to deliver products on time with zero defects. Our goal is achieve total customer satisfaction. Therefore we launched the “One KA Factory” standard in 2012 and anchored principles and tools like Lean, 5S and SixSigma. In addition to build in quality assurance systems, like Error Proofing and Poka Yoke, all our facilities are certified according ISO TS 16949 and/or ISO 9001. We regularly monitor the QCD performance of our operations and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through internal evaluation and reporting.
We are committed to:
- preventing mistakes in production thus eliminating scrap and optimizing resources
- assuring equipment is reliable and working best at all times
- removing and prevent large variation in work activities and machine performance
- delivering exact quality products and service in shorter timeframes
- protecting our customers, people and plants from hazards or injuries
Quality Management Systems
The backbone of all our activities is Kongsberg Automotive's Quality Management System. Common standards across our organization like reporting and monitoring of our KPIs, document management, non conformance handling (8D), project management (KBD) and supplier quality assurance are defined to leverage and ensure best practice is shared and in place. Based on our knowledge and experience, Kongsberg Automotive continuously improves its management systems along with ISO TS 16949 and/or ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
We further monitor the voice of the customer and take appropriate actions where necessary.
- CERT-ISO_9001_LJSE.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_9001-GMCA.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_9001-NOGB.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-EAUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-GUIN.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-HEDE.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-LJSE.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-MIUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-MUSE.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-NLMX.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-NOGB.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-PRPL.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-WUCN.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-YAKR.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO-TS-16949-SIHU.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_9001-GRUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_9001-SUUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_9001-SWUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_9001-WIUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-BAGB.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-BUGB.pdf PDF Document
- Cert-ISO_TS_16949-CLFR.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-EPSP.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-GMCA.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-GRUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-HVNO.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-JUBR.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-LSCN.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-MAMX.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-PUIN.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-RANO.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-REMX.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-RONO.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-SDCN.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-SUUS.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_TS_16949-VRSK.pdf PDF Document
- CERT-ISO_9001-MOFR.pdf PDF Document
Head of QAHSE & CR, Group
Matthias Vogel, Executive Vice President Quality & HSE
Phone: +49 811 99 86 78-80
Management Systems & Certification, Group
Roland Herrmann, Senior Expert QAHSE Systems
Phone: +49 811 99 86 78-40